Sunday Ride

Instead of doing my routine Sunday ride up to Genting Sempah starting from Hospital Orang Asli at Batu 12 in  Gombak, I decided to park my car at the food stalls near Sekolah Teknik Gombak.

That would give me an extra 6 km from the normal starting point. So I expected to ride about (12 + 32) km this morning.

I was however tempted by the invitation by a group of cyclists to continue from Genting Sempah up to Goh Tong Jaya.

Not knowing what to expect, I just decided to join them. On the way up, I asked one of the riders about the route.

"5 km up and 2 km down"

That's the only answer I got. Short and direct to the point. True enough, it was almost a vertical climb right from the guard house where the road to Genting Highland started.

And I only managed to cycle for about 1 km up the hill. Crazy man; I don't think I could go any further. Made a u-turn with another rider. You know how steep the climb was when the ride downhill was at lightning speed and you have hard time trying to control the speed with the brakes.

Met Jimmy, another cycling blogger. He blogs here.

Anyway, I was very pleased that I managed to cycle for about 47 km this morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selamat Hari IBU

A Surprise That Never Was

Kisah Ibu dan Anak